HELP US SAVE GEORGETOWN'S
AFRICAN AMERICAN HISTORY & CEMETERIES
- Phase One (2017-2018) - PRESERVE
1. Initial Site Survey locating property boundaries and all existing monuments known to be at their original sites.
2. Prepare an accurate and fine-scaled topographic map.
3. Inventory trees on the property and assess any immediate needs for maintenance.
4. Photographic survey of all existing headstone groupings to be geotagged to uploaded in the GIS (Geographic Informations Systems) database.
5. Conduct ground penetrating radar of the entire property to locate original burial sites.
6. Continue research specifically genealogical research to rebuild as complete a listing of historical interments as possible and begin to learn about their families and histories in the communities.
7. All of the findings above will be uploaded into the GIS database as we prepare for the next phases of preservation and restoration.